Sunday 12 August 2012

Using Two Stamps - We Stamp On Sundays

So this is going to be a bit of a muddled up post. I don't really have the attention span or patience to be putting down any thoughts currently coming from my head, but there might be a rant at the end of this post explaining why.

This week's challenge over at Adventures In Stamping was to use 2 stamps or more. I really didn't have any wild ideas or any ideas really, and was wearing Essie - Glamour Purse (my first Essie; yay) and wasn't too inspired. Then someone asked on my Facebook page about image plates with owls, and thought Glamour Purse would be a good base. So thanks Kerry!

Base Coat: La Femme
Base Colour: Essie - Glamour Purse
Stamp Colour: Konad Special White
Image Plate: Bundle Monster BM309
Top Coat: Rimmel - 60 Seconds Clear
 
 Here's what I used:

 And here's a better colour shot of Essie - Glamour Purse

So my first Essie was wonderful, two effortless coats above, no top coat. This dries darker on the nail than in the bottle, but is such a flattering brown.

I bought three Essie's at first, and I picked four that Scott's giving me as a birthday present. I found these at nail kiosk in Eldon Square for £1.99 each. They also have some Sally Hansen chrome nail pen things, I didn't find a green, but did pick out a gold one for my birthday.

So yeah, I'm not feeling so great today. Yesterday Cheese came in through my bedroom window as usual, and something just wasn't right. I'm not gonna go into how she was acting, or what's wrong with her or I will start crying again for, like, the 10th time today. She's stayed at the vets overnight, and has been kept in so far today too, as she's still not right, and they're still running tests, although organ tests have come back fine. I wish I went to the vets with her but I was trying to tackle a panic attack.

I was going to schedule posts for the rest of the week and for my birthday tomorrow so I could have some down time, and go out and see friends tomorrow. But I've cancelled plans so I can be here if Cheese comes home. That; and I'm not sure what kind of a mess I will be tomorrow either. I do have some photos edited so I'll probably try and muster some energy later to put a couple posts together so I don't totally abandon the blog.

That was a little longer than I thought - sorry. I hope everyone's having an alright Sunday.

39 comments:

  1. I have to buy these plates. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mani came out beautifully. Happy Birthday! And I do hope your fur baby is ok. I totally understand how hard it must be to have to deal with that on the heels of your birthday. I hope you both feel better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Fur baby is seeming okay right now, but I'm not taking anything for granted heh.

      Delete
  3. Your mani is so cute :) I hope Cheese will be fine very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahh gorgeous plate! very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The stamps look perfect together! They give the design a vintage feel! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no, I hope Cheese gets better soon. They worry us so much, don't they? I really hope she'll be fine.
    Lots of love
    Hx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope she's better soon!! Your mani is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's beautiful, and wow brown looks good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I want those plates so badly! I've only just started nail stamping, so I should probably be reasonable, hence practice lots and try all of my Bundle Monster 2011 plates first. Hmmmmm.
    PS. I LOVE your blog background!! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I say try majority of the plates you have at least, before you buy more ^-^

      Thank you.

      Delete
  10. I've never understood the owl trend, but this looks really cool.
    Happy birthday tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love this one, awesome manicure *.*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jenni, thanks for the shout out lol :-) happy birthday for tomorrow! hope you enjoy it and that Cheese is well again soon *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jenni I'm sorry Cheese is unwell. I know it doesn't help to hear it but try not to panic. Right now you don't know anything and panicking won't help you or Cheese in the long run. Try to take a deep breath and focus on something simple to distract you for now and even though you probably aren't feeling upbeat about it Happy Birthday love. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, after about 10 mins into my attack I went wild with table polish and hoovered the house. It did help a bit.

      Cheese is better so far *fingers cross* Thanks x

      Delete
  14. Aw I hope Cheese is ok.
    Happy early birthday. I hope everything turns out ok <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. aww i hope Cheese gets well soon! and the mani is super adorable! are those the new bundle monster plates?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is doing better now :] Thanks, & Yeah they're the new set =]

      Delete
  16. I absolutely love that owl stamp! And that Essie is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Excellent, a really lovely effect.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so pretty! Love the brown and white combo and the owls are as always adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so pretty! I love that glamour purse!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So don't be scared =] I appreciate all constructive criticism.

Please don't leave links to blogs, I will delete comments with links from now on :(. If you'd like me to check out your blog, drop me an email; or follow and I'll have a looksie =]