Tuesday 20 March 2012

Spring Challenge - Day 3 - Picnic Tablecloth

Third day of the spring challenge myself and Esme of Nail Addict are going to do; and I was excited to do these before I started :P

Base Coat: Nail RX - Stuck On You
Base Colour: NYC - Nail Glossies - 215
Stripes: Barry M - Bright Red
Acrylic Paints
Top Coat: Models Own - 3 In 1

First I taped off vertical lines and painted with a sheer red polish, and then taped off horizontal lines, and painted again. I honestly thought this would do the trick making the overlapping squares dark enough to stand out; but I had to go in with a dark red acrylic paint to darken up the squares a bit.

And then I couldn't help but do some sandwiches. I was going to do sandwiches originally but then talked myself out of it; until Scott talked me back into it :P The 'ants' aren't how I thought they would turn out. but I like them all the same :]


I hope everyone is having a good Tuesday :] Don't forget to check out Nail Addict to see what Esme came up with :]


Edit: Forgot to include this :]

 

35 comments:

  1. Very cool manicure! You are very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness, that looks amazing - the sandwich, woooow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats so cute, love the little ants and the table coth kinda reminds me of dorothy in the wizard of oz!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww i love the sandwich! too cute

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! these are amazing! Look at the little sandwiches! They're so cute! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! Love the ants! ahahahahhaha
    Kiss!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very Cute! Love the little ants!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg, the sandwiches look so yummy !! :D Gorgeous manicure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. Thanks! It's definitely not the last time I wear gingham :D

      Delete
  10. I love the picnic tablecloth! When I scrolled down and saw the little sandwiches I almost died lol. So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow these are fantastic! Those sandwiches are so detailed and the ants crack me up! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holy crap dude! This rocks big time! You really are doing some really cool stuff lately!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh, this is awesome!!!! The sandwiches, the ants - perfection! Your nail art skills are rockin!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hahaha so adorable...great detail even down to the lil ants :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. awwwww this are so amazing! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You do the best nail art!! This looks really great!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This came out so cute! I just love it, I'm really jealous of your art skills.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So don't be scared =] I appreciate all constructive criticism.

Please don't leave links to blogs, I will delete comments with links from now on :(. If you'd like me to check out your blog, drop me an email; or follow and I'll have a looksie =]