Saturday 28 April 2012

Acid Leopard

These are actually from a few months back, and I'm not sure why I haven't posted them, as It's really not like me. I like posting things in the order I do them :P

This was my first time using a real konad stamping polish (this was before I used Konad White), and I was not expecting there to be so much of a difference between special polishes and regular ones. I had to re-do a lot of nails because of the smearing that occurred. Usually when I stamp, the image that's transferred is already dry within a few seconds, but with the special polish I had to actually wait before top coating, and be more careful with the brush strokes. The nails that I had to re-do were a total, total streak fest. Every little bit was streaked and smeared! Urgh!

Oddly though I don't have this problem with Konad White, so maybe It's just because this colour was so pigmented.

Base Coat: CND - Stickey
Base Colour: Clubworks - Neon Green
Stamp Colour: Konad Special Polish - Red Wine (I Think)
Image Plate: Konad M57
Top Coat: Models Own - 3 In 1
 

I personally love these. The base is such a weird acid 80's vomit green, and with the wine red combo, it's so wrong it's right in my books!

26 comments:

  1. Fun mani! I like posting things in the order I do them, too, which is why I so rarely manage an actual NOTD post. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah I think I've only had about 10 NOTD posts! :]

      Delete
  2. For me I find that the Konad stamping colours take longer to dry because more of the polish 'transfers' unlike other polishes where only a small amount of polish is transferred for the stamped image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really, really like the neon green. Classic!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are cool! Love the neon color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This color combo looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As soon as I saw these I was like holy crap that's bright and awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i like it! and i like that green polish bottle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really like the bottles, they're easy to hold while painting. But such a pain in the butt to hold for photos xD

      Delete
  8. *jaw drops* this is incredible! who knew green and brown go so well together! great job jenni!

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol! I like posting manis in order as I do them too haha :D I'm really loving this color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel wong when I post out of order! :P & Thanks :D

      Delete
  10. Yeah I don't do actual NOTD either-I'm always a week ahead! I love this mani-very loud and bright!! That's the problem with the special stamping polish-it smears big time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :] I think I'll have to remember to be more careful the next time I use this polish!

      Delete
  11. Neon. i just love neon. <3 so perfect.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So don't be scared =] I appreciate all constructive criticism.

Please don't leave links to blogs, I will delete comments with links from now on :(. If you'd like me to check out your blog, drop me an email; or follow and I'll have a looksie =]