Friday 20 April 2012

Spring Challenge - Day 12 - Earth Day Nails

So this is the last day of the challenge myself and Esme embarked upon. And I'm going to be sad to see it go. I feel like I get stuck in nail ruts some times, sticking to stamping for a while, then free hand, then back to stamping, but I feel like I need to work on mixing it up in the future. And the Spring Challenge has made me see that challenging myself is fun ^-^

These nails are for Earth Day, which is on Sunday. My idea was to make them sort of look like satellite images of the Earth. I started with my base colour, sponged on some greens, and took a small dry brush to add some detail, then sponged on the cloud colours.

Don't forget to check out Esme's post for today to see what she came up with :]

Base Coat: CND - Stickey
Base Colour: George - Cloudless Sky
Sponged Colours: W7 - Matte Green
                              NYC - Nail Glossies - 215
                              Cutex - Sweet Pea
                              George - Meteorite
                              Beauty UK - Soft Grey
Top Coat: Models Own - 3 In 1
 


Looking at these now, I almost wished I'd used a slightly deeper blue, But I'm not sure I have a creme between this sky blue, and navy (that isn't bright) any excuse to buy a new blue ;]

So what's been your favourite mani from mine and Esme's challenge?

42 comments:

  1. Great job! This mani is truly "earthy."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow! You did a good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great sponging and color-combo, I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually think this blue works fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so freakin cool! What an awesome idea that I totally would never have thought of and you totally pulled it off. Loving this! I think my favorite is a tie between this one and your sky nails.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great! You've had a lot of lovely manicures during this challenge! There's an award on my blog for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. love it, it really looks like the pic from the satellite *.*

    ReplyDelete
  10. looks like planet o: i love it o:

    http://jessicamundodosvernizes.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love this blue george polish! So good I'm going to asda in couple of minutes :P
    Nice mani!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seriously need to buy a back up polish! Asda have some great looking glitter's out at the minute, and I'm dying to try their gold foil for stamping! Thank you :]

      Delete
    2. Oh no, I'm not going for glitter. I hate glitter polishes. But yes, that's true, they are so nice looking I actually considered buying them ;) The foil ones are tottaly amazing *_* But when I went to buy this Cloudless sky (yep, I get it very same day ;)) I also bought 14 other polishes (some of them I wouldnt consider to buy normally...) that was reduced :P So I decided to let the foil ones wait for the next week ;) And I get so angry, Misty Jade went for sale a week after I bought it :P

      Delete
    3. Awh! That's a lot of polishes :P Hahah. I hope you enjoy cloudless sky ^-^

      Delete
  12. Oooh I love your Earth Day nails!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You really made them look like if i was in space looking at earth! Very good job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is so pretty! i love it! the Earth, this reminds me of my project i have going on at work...environmental related. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just awesome :) it's like a canvas painting!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So don't be scared =] I appreciate all constructive criticism.

Please don't leave links to blogs, I will delete comments with links from now on :(. If you'd like me to check out your blog, drop me an email; or follow and I'll have a looksie =]