Tuesday 17 April 2012

Spring Challenge - Day 11 - Sky

So I was gonna do a night time sky gradient, but it went horrifically wrong, so I opted for sponging some "clouds" and dotting some "stars" It worked out better in my head :P

Don't forget to check out Esme's post for today to see what she came up with :]

Base Coat: Nail RX - Stuck On You
Base Colour: Miss Sporty - Pop Fiction
Sponged With: Rimmel - Black Satin, Barry M - Grey, Beauty UK - Soft Grey
Dotted With: Nubar - G188 2010, Rimmel - Disco Ball
Top Coat: Models Own - 3 In 1
The dots of glitter/flecks flattened out for this photo, which looks so much better.
I actually didn't mind these so much in person. But the photos just feel like a bit fat let down :/

Here's some swatches of Miss Sporty - Pop fiction, which is amazing. I found out about this colour via Nail stories here, and it looked so incredible. So I lusted after it for a while, and then recently bought it. It was so worth the wait, and the tiny price of £1.99. The formula on this bad boy is incredible. It has already graced my fingertips more than once in the two weeks I've had it.



So this is the second last challenge of the Spring Challenge - I can't believe it's almost over!


Next up, and the final challenge is Earth Day Nails! :]

22 comments:

  1. these are great! i love the stars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. I like how the sky turned out. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did well, and the blue base color is gorgeous for this - nice mani :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That base blue is so pretty! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of youre work, great ideas and execlent performans!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, that's a friggin' cool blue, I like that!
    And I think your finished mani works! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These remind me of the painting Starry Night, just without yellow. Love the effect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the gradient and the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. base color is gorgeous, nice mani :-D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So don't be scared =] I appreciate all constructive criticism.

Please don't leave links to blogs, I will delete comments with links from now on :(. If you'd like me to check out your blog, drop me an email; or follow and I'll have a looksie =]