Sunday 3 March 2013

Dotting Tools - We Stamp On Sunday

Hi hi all, hope you've all had a good weekend. I have a feeling tonight is going to fly by and I'll be back at work before I know it :(

Sad times aside, yesterday when I did my nails for this Adventures in Stamping challenge it was actually sunny! So there's quite a few photos ahead, not loads, but a lot more than the couple of images I've been restricted to recently due to the use of flash only.

I also have a pretty special polish to show you (special to me) as it's gorgeous, and one of only two true matte polishes that I love the formula of. I believe to be a dupe for Orly's Iron Butterfly. This is amazing to be, cause I've wanted a polish like this for a couple of years now, and with W7's bargain price of £1.99; yes please!

Base Coat: CND - Stickey
Base Colour: W7 - Night Suede (also used for dots)
Flakies: Golden Rose Scale Effects Polish - 13
Stamp Colour: Barry M - Silver Foil
Image Plate: Bundle Monster BM224
Top Coat: Sally Hansen Advanced Hard As Nails
Matte coat: Rimmel - Matte Finish
Above is with flash, pretty green!
Below is before I added to extra matte coat.

And for the base and flakies only combo, which looked quite nice as flakie polishes tend to dry a little matte.
This flakie is still true love for me, in fact the four I own are. Never disappointed when I reach for them. Here's what I used for the mani, and I will show you swatches of the beautiful Night Suede after that.


Now; onto the pretty pretty Night Suede. This first picture is a rough one coat, no clean up required! The other two are two coats, totally effortless polish to use.
So W7 - Night Suede looks pretty much like dupe of Orly - Iron Butterfly, but as I own it I can't compare. It's a gorgeous dark charcoal with tiny silver flecks, and it looks great matte or glossy, but matte for the win!

If anyone owns Iron Butterfly let me know what you think.

Until next time my pretties, I'm gonna go stick on a film and order a curry =D

17 comments:

  1. Amazing design! such a great idea using the flakies as a base! I thought you'd stamped on multiple colours at first!
    That w7 polish is amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :D The W7's so pretty, and there's 4 other shades! *picked up Aqua today*

      Delete
  2. I love this! I wondered what you polish and stamp you'd used to get the blue flashes on the background before realising they were flakies :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I wondered what you polish and stamp you'd used to get the blue flashes on the background before realising they were flakies :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHMG - I love this, totally amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet look! I'm happy to be introduced to this W7 xD It was a popular stamp today, but gorgeous nevertheless and you mastered it well :) Kisses

    Cristina Santos***

    ReplyDelete
  6. What's really great, you're so artistic in the way you do your nails! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous stamping, especially with the flakies in the background! I was thinking about buying W7 Night Suede, but looking at your swatch it looks really similar to China Glaze Stone Cold, which I already own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What do you think about the other shades? I don't own enough Suede/Matte polishes like this!

      Delete
    2. I think that the Aqua, pink, and Mauve Suede's are calling to me, I'm not too fussed on the silver or golden ones though, I don't know why.

      Delete

I love comments! So don't be scared =] I appreciate all constructive criticism.

Please don't leave links to blogs, I will delete comments with links from now on :(. If you'd like me to check out your blog, drop me an email; or follow and I'll have a looksie =]