Saturday 27 April 2013

Space Invaders Cheeky Stamping

Hi all, happy Saturday, quick post today =]

A couple of weeks back I was stuck for what to do on my nails, and after a few suggestions I settled on doing Space Invader nails, as I'd been meaning to since I received my Cheeky Plates. 

This was one of the main reasons I'd bought Pop Green Special Polish, but after trying it out on my thumb I realised It wasn't as bold as I wanted it to be. So to try and get the brightness I used Pastel Green, and without picking the image up from the plate I used Pop Green and scraped again. I'm not sure what this kind of method is called, or where I read about it, but it did work to make the green stand out more, although I would have much preferred a solid colour I quite like how these turned out.
Base Coat: CND - Stickey
Base Colours - W7 Night Suede Rough Sponged with W7 - Black
Stamping colours: Konad Special - Pop Green & Pastel Green
Image Plate: Cheeky CH45
Top Coat: Advanced Hard As Nails

Without flash, in daylight you can see the flecks that Night Suede has. These look a bit busy, but I still like them.

Hope you're all having a good weekend so far :]



5 comments:

I love comments! So don't be scared =] I appreciate all constructive criticism.

Please don't leave links to blogs, I will delete comments with links from now on :(. If you'd like me to check out your blog, drop me an email; or follow and I'll have a looksie =]