Sunday 23 September 2012

Let Someone Else Choose The Plate - We Stamp On Sundays

Hi all! Happy Sunday!

This is going to be as quick as possible, as I've burned my finger this morning cooking Scott's breakfast and typing really hurts as it's right on the corner of my finger/nail/nail line lol.

So this week's challenge over at Adventures In Stamping was for someone else to pick the plate, or the image. Now, while I was going to do a new mani for this, I really don't want to put acetone near my finger! So I realised I had something from a couple of weeks back that Scott had actually picked for me ( I ask him to pick images quite a bit..and then barely use them :P lol) So I decided to use this mani. It's not something I'm overly in love with, but It was cute to wear, and I wanted an image that did show quite a lot of the holo-goodness.
Base Coat: La Femme
Base Colour: Sally Hansen Nail Prisms - Diamond
Stamp Colour: Finaflor -Madri
Image Plate: Bundle Monster BM 312
Top Coat: Sally Hansen Advanced Hard As Nails
Overcast day, basically no light
Sunlight 
Blurry flash to get the holo goodness
Artificial light
Okay, so I seriously need some tips on how to photograph holographic polishes! I had a hard time with this polish too, possibly because of the age of the polish, but it took forever to dry.

Because this is an old mani and I'm too lazy, there's no pictures of what I used, but you probably wont mind that too much!

Hope you're all having a good day!

20 comments:

  1. If you do find any tips on how to photograph holographic nails, please do share! I have the same problem too :( hope your finger heals soon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I hope your finger heals quickly!
    I really like this mani!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that holo is stunning love! I don't really have any tips for holo photos either. They are tricky require the sun and lots of angles. I usually just take tons of pictures till I get what I'm after. Lol not very helpful huh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, not exactly helpful, but helpful in the way that I know I was on the right path now xD

      Delete
  4. You know how much I love a good holo! This is so awesome! Hope your finger is better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooo gorgeous holo and the color you chose for the stamp makes it so delicate and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holos are a nightmare to photograph, but I think you've done a great job. I must try that image, I tend to go for the same ones over and over and then miss gems like this. Hope the finger heals quick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did heal quick! No pain at all after two days, and it's stopped looking gross now hehe.

      I get stuck going for the same images over and over, but every now and then I try and go at least 5 manicures using images I haven't used before :]

      Delete

I love comments! So don't be scared =] I appreciate all constructive criticism.

Please don't leave links to blogs, I will delete comments with links from now on :(. If you'd like me to check out your blog, drop me an email; or follow and I'll have a looksie =]