Sunday 30 September 2012

Using A French Tip Design - We stamp On Sundays

Hi all, happy Sunday :]

This week's challenge over at Adventures In Stamping was to use a french tip design. I'm not a super-massive fan of french tip stamping, so I decided to cheat a tiny bit heh. I think one of the main reasons I don't like french tip stamping (the typical curved images) is that they kind of get distorted when you're following your nail line, also as full images on newer plates have got larger, so have the tip designs, and this means they look stupid as heck unless my nails are at a certain length, or I use them like I have done today.

I stamped the image from Bundle Monster BM 217 twice on my nails, starting with the tip, and then rotating the tip to try and help it fit. I messed up in a few places, and my index finger is smeared, but I was too easily distracted to re-do them :]
Base Coat: La Femme
Base Colour: Color Club - Sweet Pea
Stamp Colour: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri - Tealy Fast
Image Plate: Bundle Monster BM 217
Top Coat: Rimmel 60 Seconds - Clear
Here's what I used:

And here's the base colour: Color Club - Sweet Pea, such an easy formula on all these CC's this was two, easy coats, that leveled themselves out, and there was basically no clean up, and dry time was over before I realised! It looks slightly more dusky in the shade too.


I hope you've all had a good weekend!

31 comments:

  1. I lovee it! Looks so cool!

    Jazz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is awesome...will have to try it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing! Your line up is perfect! Such a great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's really beautiful - as usual!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a good idea, I didn't think I would ever use the tip images either, I may have to experiment now :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. great job, i had to look at it twice to see how did you manage to cover the whole nail with french design :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I first thought this was a full image! Wow :D I could never stamp twice to make it look like one full image, amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might have to do three times as your nails are much longer but you could totally do it! :] Thanks though ^-^

      Delete
  8. Whoa this seems hard! Your stamping came out awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did all the nail with just the tip design? whoa! great job!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I NEVER use these designs on the plates-i really never even think to try them out-this is a cool way to use them so they aren't sitting lonely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've was going to use one that had the blue film on still! hehe. You should try and use them, you never know you might like them =]

      Delete
  11. Really cute Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good idea to reverse the stamp really like it

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So don't be scared =] I appreciate all constructive criticism.

Please don't leave links to blogs, I will delete comments with links from now on :(. If you'd like me to check out your blog, drop me an email; or follow and I'll have a looksie =]