Saturday 22 October 2011

Miss Sporty Gold Backstage And Electric Beige Dogtooth

So the other week the boyfriend Scottius bought me some Miss Sporty polishes. I've been on the lookout for the perfect gold for some time now, especially for stamping. But everything I seem to find, Is too cool of a gold to stamp on warm colours and still look true gold. However with all that said done Scott was also on the hunt for me, maybe to shut me up :P I don't know, but after some info from Helly About Electric Beige from Miss Sporty, we thought we'd give it a try. And there just happened to be a 3 for 2 offer on xD

Here I'll be showing the beige and the gold, the other colour I have is a total dupe for P2 - Passion, Which will be another post once i've swatched it.

Three thin coats of Gold Backstage - Just to cover VNL
Another shot of Gold Backstage
Miss Sporty - Electric Beige (2 coats) Excuse the dry hands ;(
Base Coat: CND - Stickey
Base Colour: Miss Sporty - Gold Backstage
Stamp Colour: Miss Sporty - Electric Beige
Plate: Konad M63
Top Coat: China Glaze - No Chip Top Coat
I only stamped the beige on the gold to see how well it would show up, I was certain that it would be difficult to see in person, and even my camera had a little bit of a struggle capturing it at first. All I can say is Electric Beige Is so nice to stamp with, the formula is incredible, it dries almost like a true chrome, but it has a glossier texture, and doesn't ruin as fast while stamping. I haven't yet tried Gold Backstage for stamping, but I imagine it will be a lot like H&M - Wa Wa Woom, although Gold Backstage is a lot, a lot warmer. 

Maybe I Should do a comparison of all the golds I own one day xD

Hope everyone's having a nice Saturday :]

4 comments:

  1. These colors look great on you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have two golds that are great for stamping.
    Barry M - Gold Foil
    MeMeMe - Elegant

    [Both available in Superdrug or from their websites]
    :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So don't be scared =] I appreciate all constructive criticism.

Please don't leave links to blogs, I will delete comments with links from now on :(. If you'd like me to check out your blog, drop me an email; or follow and I'll have a looksie =]