Saturday 28 July 2012

Black And Gold Lightning Bolt, Konad Q1 Fauxnad: MLS301

Happy Saturday!

I completely forgot about this plate! Scott bought me MLS301 a month or so back as he thought the plate was so awesome. This is how unorganised I've been lately. I also only have a two day weekend this weekend, when I thought It was going to be a 4 day one; so I need to get some organisation and schedule posts, and edit photos, and catch up on my reading list yet again, and generally do all the things i've been too lazy to do all week. It doesn't help that I need a new battery for my laptop, and I won't get my first pay until the end of August *le cry*!

Base Coat: La Femme
Base Colour: Rimmel - Black Satin
Stamping Colour: Barry M - Gold Foil
Image Plate: MLS301
Top Coat: Models Own - 3 In 1
So the MLS301 plate is a fauxnad plate for Konad Q1. The only difference I've seen looking at comparisons is that the lines in MLS301 are thicker. I don't mind this so much, but when I was trying to test out all the images on paper, I sometimes had issues with what seemed like the images being too deeply engraved.

Here's the plate:

And here's the testy test on paper :]

Oh and if you fancy reading a bit more about me, The Crumpet is kindly having me as part of her Friday Friends, so check it out here.

I hope everyone's having a good start to the weekend!

35 comments:

  1. I really like the leopard print design!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Stamping plates are always hit or miss with the depth of the design. I have some that don't stamp at all because it's too shallow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh! that sucks. I hate when plates are too shallow!

      Delete
  3. I have tried to do this with tape, but to stamp like this would be so much easier - mind you your placement is perfect and mine is terrible!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried and tried and tried with tape lol. This is so much easier ^-^

      I did have a few troubles with placement though, having to re-do a couple of nails :]

      Delete
  4. awesome plate! :) this manicure reminds me of harry potter ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool design - and blogging takes too much time LOL - the photos alone are so time consuming, so it's Ok to be lazy from time to time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hehe. I just hate hateeee being so far beind reading blogs, I feel like I'm gonna miss out on some killer inspiration lol.

      Delete
  6. This is so fun! I have had an issue with one of my stamping plates too, but I think the lines are not engraved deep enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you! I had a bunch of ones that didn't work at all from my new bundle monster set, and I have some replacements in the mail :]

      Delete
  7. this is really pretty!!! Love black and gold together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The gold is awesome. Stamped so well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely mani hun, that player looks good x :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooh very eye-catching!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like this stamp a lot! Especially being that gorgeous gold against such a pretty, shiny black! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  12. oooooo i love the plate! and the mani is fierce! i love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so vampy and awesome! I have the original konad version of this plate and I love it so much! I need to break that puppy out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That really is an awesome plate and of course gorgeous nails as always. Is it wrong that every lightning bolt makes me think Harry Potter?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Die bliksems staan echt super!
    xx♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. Uhhhh i adore your manicure!!! :D A few days ago i saw a tutorial on doing lightning bolts and i never remembered this plate existed! And lets face it, stamping is easier than drawing! lool Do you remember where you bought it? I never bought a fauxnaud one because i'm afraid it won't work.... Kisses!!***

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The seller It came from is called samuelwong33 on eBay :]

      Delete
  17. Awesome mani!! That plate has so many awesome images on it!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Simple, yet badass. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What in the heck is that design on the bottom middle supposed to be? I cannot figure it out! Love the lightning though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah. I think it's meant to be like, claw marks revealing leopard print. Looks better on the real plate though :]

      Delete

I love comments! So don't be scared =] I appreciate all constructive criticism.

Please don't leave links to blogs, I will delete comments with links from now on :(. If you'd like me to check out your blog, drop me an email; or follow and I'll have a looksie =]