Sunday 1 July 2012

Circles Or Dots - We Stamp On Sundays

This week’s stamping challenge over at Adventures In Stamping was to use circles or dots, I was still in a blue mood after the last challenge, and I think it is because of all the bad weather that's been going on.

So in my blue mood, I wanted to try one of my new polishes, and ended up using two. I started with LA Colors - Static Electricity (to see the base go here), and layered a coat of the super sheer Radiation over that. I wanted to try stamping with Sinful Colors - See You Soon, and tried with a polka dot stamping image, but that didn't work out too well, so I used this "reverse polka dot" image from Bundle Monster BM21.
Base Coar: La Femme
Base Colour: LA Colors - Static Electricity
LA Colors - Radiation
Stamp Colour: Sinful Colors - See You Soon
Image Plate: Bundle Monster BM21
Top Coat: Rimmel - Clear
 Base colour without stamping:
 Here's what I used:

For those of you that don't know there were some crazy flash floods going on recently. Thursday I went to the Metro Centre to shop for Scott's mam, and the first port of call was food. As I was tucking in; we heard a weird noise, and downstairs the Metro Centre had sprung a leak, and started flooding. Because our burgers were so good we carried on eating, laughing off the little bit of water. Even though the thunder and lightning was still going crazy, making the lights flicker like mad.

It was only when we started trying to shop, and seen that pretty much everything was closed, and areas were blocked off that we realised how bad it really was. And after Scott & his brother got their mam her birthday present we tried to leave.. Oh boy it was such a horrible journey home. Going one way; and then having to turn around cause the road was like a freaking river, no one was giving anyone any helpful information. And what would've been a 40 minute (max) car ride, it took us 4 hours odd to get home. Horrible! I feel a little worse for Andy, Scott's brother, who then had to drive home to Hartlepool. Ouch.

Story over! I hope everyone has had a good weekend :]

35 comments:

  1. So pretty, Static electricity looks a lovely colour. I haven't got that one. Terrible about the weather, I can't remember the last time it was so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Hope the weather improves for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, that's amazing with the flooding. I hope it stops soon!
    I love the stamping!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a bit crazy, but it stopped pretty much that night. Thank you!

      Delete
  4. OH gosh, sounds a bit "too much" with the flooding - but the mani is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep the flooding has been pretty bad. It's a shame it ruined your day at the metro centre, I love it there.

    Your mani looks great, your stamping is perfect as usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg I'm glad you made it home. 4 hours?? That's so crazy.
    I really like your mani! The colors look great! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow sound like the car ride was veryyyy long :( beautiful manicure my dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Glad you made it home safe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely mani hun, where did you get the LA colors polish from?

    Oh my goodness that sounds like the shopping trip from hell!! Glad you got time safely even if it did take you so long x :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get them from a shop called Boyes, I think it's a northern store though as I've only ever seen them in Chester-le-street, Darlington, Northallerton, or Richmond.

      Delete
  10. Cute! Great color combo as well!(:

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this combination of colours!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks awesome. That base color is so pretty! WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love these colors together! And your stamping is so clean!! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  14. these have to be THE most perfectly stamped dots i've EVER seen. way to go! love the color combo too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. so subtle and cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Do these full nail images cover your whole nail or do you have to double stamp? These turned out perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just one stamp. If my nails are a little bit longer I can usually squeeze it into one stamp, but I always have to double stamp my thumb. Thank you =]

      Delete

I love comments! So don't be scared =] I appreciate all constructive criticism.

Please don't leave links to blogs, I will delete comments with links from now on :(. If you'd like me to check out your blog, drop me an email; or follow and I'll have a looksie =]