Sunday 22 July 2012

Favourite New Image Plate - We Stamp On Sundays

So for this week's challenge I really wanted to use my new Bundle Monster plates, but I kind of felt weird using a plate that works if I may have to send them all back and what have you. So I settled for one of me new Konad plates, M11, and what I call the Ziggy-Zaggy Afro Guy.

I started with Rimmel - Tip Whitener for my base, and after two coats had dried I added a coat of Essence Colour3 - Stop For An Ice Cream, and a coat of Essence Twins - Clyde. Because the glitter was so smooth I decided to stamp before adding a top coat. I stamped in Konad Special Polish White,and then filled in the image. I originally filled in the image with the Rimmel polish, but I knocked it on the second layer, and it was nowhere near dry, so I sort of scraped it off with my nail, and went back in with Konad white. When that was dry I stamped with BYS - Black Satin, and I should've added a top coat before stamping, as I had soem problems with the whole image transferring. Then I added two little dots of pink to the cheeks, and used acetone to pat them, to make them less opaque. I finally added a top coat, but that smeared the design a little bit.
Base Coat: La Femme
Base Colours: Rimmel - Tip Whitener
                      Essence Colour3 - Stop For An Ice Cream
Glitter: Essenc
e Twins - Clyde
Others: Essence Colour3 - Shopping Trip In Soho
Stamping Colours: Konad Special Polish White
BYS - Black Satin
Image Plate: Konad M11
Top Coat: Rimmel 60 Seconds - Clear
As much as I love how quickly my new top coat dries, it is a bit pap with stamping, and my right hand was a massacre with streaking :(

Here's a shot of Stop For An Ice Cream before I added the glitter. It's an out of focus pic, but it does do the fleck shimmer the best justice.
Here's what I used:

I have some shots where the glitter looks amazing on my nails, but I'm just too lazy to edit them together. I've done nothing much productive this weekened, and it's taken me hours to write this post, and even as I write this I'm having issues with photos messing up the whole format. And right now I should be getting ready for my mate coming over. It's like someone has set me on the speed of super-slow-procrastinator. Which now I've said it; just sounds like some sort of comic hero name :P

I hope everyone's had a good weekend, more productive than mine!

37 comments:

  1. That is so freaking cute!!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really super cute :) I like all the glitters and shimmers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute manicure!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's a really cute little guy!! ^.^ I can't wait to get the new BM plates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe. I'm looking forward to getting my replacements :D Dying to use them hehe.

      Delete
  5. Lovely base color, very sweet - and the stamping is so darn cute LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. This plate is so cute love it

    ReplyDelete
  7. that little guy is adorable, you can't tell you had that many problems, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome! I love it. I'm sorry you had so many problems. I just did a mani today that was the same way. I kept stamping and messing up and scraping things off and it nearly drove me insane. Then when I got the final product I was like wow this is really cute hahahaha. Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thanks. Glad i'm not the only one who was having a mild fail day. Hehe.

      Delete
  9. Oh wow! Love him! This looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved the mani!Great combo! :p

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it, and that guy is super cute!
    I've never tried that stamping/filling technique, but I'd like to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, It's a bit of a pain, but it's worth it :] You should give it a shot!

      Delete
  12. lol, that image plate is so damn cute, you gotta love it :-D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gosh that is sooo darn cute, I love that little fella! Lovely mani.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty glitter and the end result is just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The glitter is gorgeous! omg that little character is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. awww how cute! I have that plate and have never used it before =P

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think I need to have this stamping plate in my life, that is the happiest little dandelion whatever thing and it's so freakin cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awhhh thinking of him as a dandelion is so cute! You should get it ^-^ If you want the link to the eBay seller just let me know. I got the plates for about £2.30 a plate :] and postage was cheap.

      Delete
  18. This is a really cute mani hun x :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. *.*!!! So sweet!!!! I love it, i want to cuddle it, omg! LOL**

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So don't be scared =] I appreciate all constructive criticism.

Please don't leave links to blogs, I will delete comments with links from now on :(. If you'd like me to check out your blog, drop me an email; or follow and I'll have a looksie =]