Sunday 8 July 2012

Something I Love - We Stamp On Sundays

This week’s challenge over at Adventures In Stamping is 'Something I Love' I knew what I wanted to post for this so it was easy. Especially easy as this is a manicure I had already done. It is something I love though. I love gradients, rainbowness, stamping over gradients, and stamping images like this one.

This image is actually my favourite from the Big SpD-A Dashica plate I own. And that's quite a statement as there are so many awesome ones. But yes, images like this, that show majority of the base are one of my favourite types to use; especially over gradients or multi coloured backgrounds, this image is so detailed too.

Base Coat: CND - Stickey
Base Colour: Rimmel - White
Sponged Colours: Revlon - Sunshine Sparkle
                           George - Buttercup Shine
                           Clubworks Neon Orange
                           P2 - Passion
                           No7 - Poolside Blue
Stamp Colour: BYS - Black Satin
Image Plate: Dashica Big SpD-A
Top Coat: Models Own - 3 In 1


  And a bad photo of them matte (Rimmel Matte Finish), which is actually how I wore them.

This was my first time trying the 'paint on the sponge method' for this gradient, and it turned out really beautiful as the colours worked so well together, but then I decided I wanted them more vibrant - and it went downhill from there, trying to blend each colour into the next became a little bit of a nightmare, and that's why I haven't included any photos of the gradient alone; because it looked like crap!


Bit of a dodgy scan/crop but you can see how pretty it is :]

I hope everyone's had a good weekend!

54 comments:

  1. WOW!!
    Amazing design. I love it!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I especially love the matte version

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Very tropical!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really like this so pretty, love the gradiant underneath

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful! I love the colors you used in the gradient!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is wicked cool. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This incredibly nice - love it, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sooo pretty, love your stamping

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is sooo beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you did such an amazing job! It's really lovely.
    And your post makes me want to get that plate !

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is amazing! You're stamping is flawless!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is delightful! excellent colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This has come out fab hun! The gradient looks fine in these pics.

    Did you notice I've nominated you on my awards post? If you haven't seen it, go check it out http://charliedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/blog-awards.html?m=1 x :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, gradients always look better with stamping if there's flaws ^-^

      I did notice, and i've edited you into the original post :]

      Delete
  14. The base colours underneath look so cool against the stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  15. omg I am loving this!! The colors and the stamp look beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. omg one of my favorite manis you've done! stunning! i LOVE it matte!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh this is super gorgeous! Love the colours and I love the pattern. Both work wonderfully together!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The stamp and the gradient work really well together! NIiice. Also do you find that No 7 nail polishes are a bit runny??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that I think about it yeah! I thinkt the worst formula I've ever had was a nude colour that took like 4 coats and the dry time was awful! I really dislike the wobbly stems on their brushes too!

      Delete
  19. Perfect! Masterful job! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  20. I frick loooove that stamp. After I am done typing this comment I am going to find and buy the plate. I love it that much. And over that beautiful gradient it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! You will not be disappointed :] Thank you ^-^

      Delete
  21. This is absolutely stunning! I love everything about this look!! It's gorgeous!! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh Jenn that's just sublime - love it love it love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. DAMN girl-your stamping is perfection here! Really nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  24. o.O That stamp image is amazing and I am in love with the colors you used!! Totally saved this in the inspiration folder!

    ReplyDelete
  25. you are so good at stamping! i'm just starting to get into it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just practice! & This image was so so easy to work with.

      Delete
  26. This is so amazing! I always wanna do a stamping design after I see your beautiful manicures! :D

    ReplyDelete
  27. Aaw! this gradient is amazing, I'm definitely going to try it ! I love the colors you chose to make it! Plus, the stamping over the gradient is really cool! I love it ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gradients + Stamping is my favourite thing :D hehe Thanks ^-^

      Delete

I love comments! So don't be scared =] I appreciate all constructive criticism.

Please don't leave links to blogs, I will delete comments with links from now on :(. If you'd like me to check out your blog, drop me an email; or follow and I'll have a looksie =]